I was trying to set my new Samsung Tab 3 from English to other languages (Nepali, Hindi, Chinese Hongkong). Such languages were not listed in default Samsung’s “Language and Input” setting, then I face a big problem. I search for other third party application to set other languages in my Tab.
Morelocale 2 (Click here to download) is the best apps for it but I found that it does not have permission to choice or set up other languages for android 4.2.2 system. You have to have permission to set up that.
MoreLocale 2 is not granted a CHANGE_CONFIGURATION permission.
You need to do some tweak on your Android OS 4.2.2.
1. Download Android SDK from developer.android.com (Click here to download). Unzip it and install Android SDK Manager.
2. Now you need to unlock the Developer Option on your Android OS. To unlock:
- Go to Settings – > About Device and Tap 7 times continuously on Build number.
Quite funny, but it will help you to unlock the Developer option. You will get the new tab named as “Developer Option” above “About Device“.
3. Enable USB Debugging from Developer Option by Checking on it.
4. Now its time to take help of Andorid SDK that has been installed a while ago. Open command prompt on your PC on admin mode and connect your Tab or Galaxy S4 or any Android device 4.2.2 via USB to your PC. Then Type the following command from the right folder path location as shown in picture below :
pm grant jp.co.c_lis.ccl.morelocale android.permission.CHANGE_CONFIGURATION
5. Now you are almost done with this Android permission to change your desired language on 4.2.2. Open the apps More Locale 2, choose your language by pressing ISO639 and Set on your device.
Final look will be like this:
Hope you like this solution.